About YTI Online
YTIOnline is part of the K.Lisa Yang and Hock E. TanInstitute on Employment and Disability in Cornell University’s ILR School.YTIOnline provides high-quality online learning experiences to managers, practitioners, advocates,and policy makers in the disability field. Courses at YTIOnline bridge the gap between policy and practice with practical applications, hands-on learning, leading-edge skills, and knowledge that you can immediatelyapply to your work.
We’ve been offering our courses in webinar format since 2006. Our training providesan online interactive format that includesaudio and video, as well as interactive questions and answers, chat, and polling. Acourse may also include electronic or printed materials.Real-time transcriptionis available if requested as an accommodation.
- Internet connection, ideally fast enough to support streaming video
- Current web browser on a Windows PC, Maccomputer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Learn from experts in the comfort of your own office or home.
- Connect to a virtual classroom with other leaders in the disability field and enjoy interaction opportunities during the course.
- Access an archive of your coursefora fullyear following the event.
Earn a Cornell Certificate
The School of Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) offers a comprehensive array of certificates for professionals serving the workplace. Several of these certificate programs are showcased in the YTIOnlineSeries. Each certificate curriculum includes required course work that spans the depth of contemporary knowledge and requires each participant to meet the University’s academic standards. YTIOnline certificates are available in the following areas:
- Work Incentive Practitioner Credential
- Program Benefits Planning for Transition-Aged Youth (pre-requisite required)
- Advanced Citizen Centered Leadership–Learning Journey(pre-requisite required)
- Introduction to Research and Promising Practices in SecondaryTransition
To earn your certificate, you must actively participate in the required courses and complete all pre-work, assignments, evaluations, examinations,and practicum requirements.
A Work Incentive Practitioner (WIP-C™) certification is a pre-requisite for the credential in Benefits Planning for Transition-Aged Youth.These two programs also have a continuing education requirement, which is explained on the course website.
Attending the 15-week Citizen-Centered Leadership Development course is a pre-requisite forthe Advanced Citizen-Centered Leadership - Learning Journey experience.
Earn CRCC Recertification Credits
Any YTIOnline Certificate Series can be applied toward your Rehabilitation Counselor recertification with the Commission on Rehabilitation Certification(CRCC). Please see the individual certificate series descriptions for more information.
To receive CRCC recertification credits, you must complete an online evaluationof theprogram. To request your credits, send an email message to your instructor. In return, you’ll receive a Verification of Completion certificate that you will need to upload to the CRCC site.
Customize Your Learning
Courses in this catalog can be purchased individually, in a set to complete a certificate series, or in clusters to meet individual or organizational goals.