Benefits Planning for Transition-Aged Youth-YOUTH-C
Learn to counsel youth with disabilities to use work incentives as a tool for establishing careers, as you earn Cornell’s Youth-C credential!
You’ll learn about:
- Work incentives that can specifically benefit youths
- Calculating and tracking the use of these work incentives, and planning for periods of time when each may not apply
- Using and understanding the BPQY to ensure a youth receives applicable work incentives
- Counseling youths and parents about the benefits of work—and the benefits of work incentives
- Financial tools to assist the youth and family as the youth begins work
- Assisting with developing good money habits immediately when a job begins
Prerequisite: Either an up-to-date WIP-C™ credential from Cornell University or CWIC certification from Virginia Commonwealth University.
The class will be limited to 40 participants.