Work incentives pave the way to work and financial independence for recipients of public benefits. All public benefits programs and pensions provide incentives for recipients with disabilities to return to work. During the first set of 7 webinars (Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income and Work), participants will explore the principal benefits provided by the Social Security Administration as well as the work incentives pertaining to each benefit.
While SSA provides some of the most significant cash and health care benefits, people with disabilities may receive benefits from a myriad of public sources. In the second set of 6 webinars (The Effect of Work on Other Federal Programs and Their Relationship the Disability Programs) participants will review the various federal programs providing benefits to individuals with disabilities, including TANF, Workers Compensation, and Veterans Benefits, as well as how each relate to one another and are impacted by earned income.
Finally, the third set of 4 webinars (The Ins and Outs of Becoming a Benefits Practitioner) will introduce the practice to participants by providing suggestions as to how this complex variety of work incentives, critically needed benefits, and earnings can be explained to an individual with a disability to encourage both work and financial independence.
This intensive training program for Benefits Practitioners requires participation in 17 webinars. At the completion of the 17 webinars, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Credentialing can be received if the participant chooses the Work Incentives Planning and Utilization for Benefit Practitioners Certificate Series (with Credentialing as a Benefits and Work Incentives Practitioner) course.
Part 1: Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income, and Work
Explore the principal benefits provided by the Social Security Administration, as well as the related work incentives.
- Webinar 1 Benefits and Work Incentives Planning, Professional Standards and Code of Conduct and Effective Communication
- Webinar 2 Administration of SSA Entitlements and Benefits Eligibility: Application, Disability Reviews and Appeals Process
- Webinar 3 Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment Supports and the SSA
- Webinar 4 Overview of Title II and Impact of Earnings
- Webinar 5 Title II Work Incentives and Medicare
- Webinar 6 Overview of Supplemental Security Income
- Webinar 7 Supplemental Security Income Work Incentives
Part 2: The Effect of Work on Other Federal Benefit Programs and Their Relationship to Disability Programs
Review federal programs providing benefits to individuals with disabilities, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Workers Compensation, and Veterans Benefits. Plus learn how each relates to the others and is impacted by earned income.
- Webinar 8 Overpayments and Title II and SSI Benefits
- Webinar 9 Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Special Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Webinar 10 Federal Housing Subsidies
- Webinar 11 Unemployment Insurance (UI) & Workers Compensation (WC)
- Webinar 12 Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC) & Veterans Benefits (VA)
- Webinar 13 Healthcare: Medicaid & Medicare
Part 3: The Practical Aspects of Becoming a Work Incentive Practitioner
Gain insight into how the complex mix of work incentives, critically needed benefits, and earnings can be explained to an individual with a disability to encourage both work and financial independence.